Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Anxious Pre-Greenie

So I just put in my mission papers last Sunday, and am waiting to receive my mission call from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I am beyond excited.  I have been waiting for this opportunity for years, and I finally get to serve the Lord as a missionary!

As I await my call, there have been so many happy, awesome things going on: Friday and Saturday I was able to see some of my Cambridge buddies, go to a "Bagel Bash" in the Maeser Building, attend my last Fidelio Society meeting for a while (best FS meeting ever btw!), see my friends open their mission calls, and I was able to go to my first BYU basketball game ever, thanks to my good buddy Shannon Kenedy.  :)  And there have been so many little things happening too, indicating that going on a mission is the right way for me to go.

Otherwise, I have been totally distracted by the anxious anticipation of my call because, when it comes, I will know where I will be serving the Lord and when I am assigned to begin my mission.  Finals week swiftly approaches, however, so I have to "get my head in the game" again and remember my current mission- to finish the semester strong with no regrets.

Well, my friends, it is hard to tell when calls will come nowadays because there is a small army of missionaries currently going out!  So I should be able to let you know more about my mission assignment in the next few weeks!  Happy Finals week!





No comments:

Post a Comment