Friday, August 9, 2013

Blog Post for August 7th Email From Sorella Corey Anne Cherrington!!! & Happy Birthday Corey, on August 9th, 2013



On the plus side of this week, I got to spend a couple of days with Sister Omer, who is one of my favorite people in the world.  :)  I think she has some disabilities of sorts, but I absolutely LOVE serving with her.  :)  She is so direct, calm, and happy.  If she ever thought I was trying too hard to make her comfortable, she would say "Vai tranquila" and would make me feel more comfortable.  I got to cook for her a lot (made tons of weird pastas :) and no matter how interesting they got, she would say, "Vai tranquila, I am good with anything you make" :)  She is a native Italian, so we communicated in Italian, except for the random English phrases that we would say to each other, like "Come on bus, who do you think you are?!"  Lol, she is great :)  And I let her sleep in my bed because she chose it straight when she arrived at our apartment and thought it looked more comfy :) I was glad to share my things with her.  ALSO!  She is interested in all sorts of books, and is way smart!  (She told me that my bday is also the historic date when one of the atomic bombs went down on Japan in WW2).  So she would look through all my books and stuff that I have.  I really didn’t mind at all because of how much I like her :)
Also, Mom, you can send the other emails to family if you like :)

And a member here, Barbara Bartolucci, helped me out a TON yesterday because I was soooo sad and she noticed.  We ended up going to this Gelateria with "il gelato"  (equivalent of THE Gelato ;)  Barbara is soooo great!  I took a pic of us three, but still cannot upload photos because my cord is gone...  Can you guys maybe send me a new one?  Or one of those converters that converts a camera memory card into a USB?  I would really appreciate that :)  So, Barbara is also one of my favorite people ever, and I am really thankful for her in my life :)

Until next week.....................Sorella Corey Anne Cherrington

No comments:

Post a Comment